If you need even more convincing on why you need to be there then check out last year’s articles from the show where we played loads of brilliant board games, card games and drooled over amazing looking miniatures. I’ll be there again this year and have already lined up some great interviews, not only for Polyhedron Collider but I’ll be working with the UK Games Media Network to get you the best news and interviews from the big names in gaming.
|These two legendary gents are the reason I never had any pocket money left.|
- Tournaments and Championships in the most popular game systems. Prizes include all expenses paid trips to World Finals in Berlin, Paris and the USA.
- Newest games and releases on show.
- The largest Hobby Games trade fair in the UK.
- Family Zone - lots for the kids to do
- Authors and artists
- Participation and Demonstration Games - No need to know the rules in advance.
- Costumed Groups
- Guests this year include Red Dwarf star Chris Barrie, Material World Presenter Quentin Cooper, game design legends Ian Livingstone and Steve Jackson, Roleplaying veterans Monte Cook, the King of Cooperative Games, Matt Leacock as well as one of the world’s most prolific board game designers Reiner Knizia.
- Seminars and Talks on hot topics in tabletop gaming and guides on designing and publishing your own games and books and using crowd funding.
- Space for Open Gaming and the largest Roleplaying Games schedule in the UK.
UK Games Expo is open to the public. You can book in advance OR just turn up and pay on the day. UK Games Expo is on Friday 30th May, Saturday 31st May and Sunday 1st June 2014 at the NEC Hilton Metropole Hotel. Adults tickets from £9, Family Tickets from £22. 10’s and under get in free. Visitors can arrange accommodation via a special rate. For more details check out www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk