20 Apr 2014
Snapper, a Pac-Man clone on the Acorn Electron. Telling you this not only points out my ever increasing age but lest you know that even in the early 80’s Pac-Man was a big deal and is one of the classic video games. Whacky Wit and Whacky Roll are board games that allow you to replicate this classic arcade nonsense in boardgame form.
18 Apr 2014
Warhammer 40,000 Carnage.
16 Apr 2014
13 Apr 2014
7 Apr 2014
- Game Developerz, the tongue in cheek card game of video game development, gained a very respectable £27,700.
- Airlock, unfortunately failed to fund, raising around 20% of its goal. A real shame because I do think this is a good game.
- Hoyuk, hit home and managed to raise nearly $34,000 of a $15,000 goal proving that you can breathe life into print and play projects.
- Guild Ball showed us yet again that miniatures games are always popular raising over £93000.
- Dungeon Scroll did very well raising $15,000, which isn’t bad considering the battering Game Salute is taking for late deliveries.
4 Apr 2014
Last week I took part in my first Warmachine tournament. Warmachine Vengeance was being held at Titan Games in Stourbridge and a friend dragged me into the competitive environment. I’ve been playing games in one form or another for over 20 years but this was my first experience of a competitive event and in every sense of the word it was a learning experience.
The first thing I have to say is a big thank you to the staff at Titan Games, the Press Gangers running the event and all the players who took part. Everyone was extremely welcoming and very understanding of a player like me who doesn’t quite know all the rules off by heart.
26 Mar 2014
Mordheim was Games Workshop’s skirmish level fantasy wargame. Set in the titular city, also known as the City of the Damned, Mordheim saw player’s control small war bands fighting over precious wyrd stone in a city ravaged by a direct hit from a comet.
19 Mar 2014
Update: Details on the format of expansions have been added below.
It’s a great week for collectible card game players as not only do we have the new and exciting Warhammer 40,000 LCG on the way but we also have news of a new release of the classic Deadlands card game in the form of Doomtown: Reloaded from AEG.