Living Card Game (LCG) format in the form of Warhammer 40,000 Conquest. I say teased because the site page for the new card game was quickly taken down but not before a few eagle eyed internet peeps took a screenshot.
7 Mar 2014
6 Mar 2014
28 Feb 2014
As per usual we’ll take a look at how last month’s choices faired:
- Unsung Story barely scraped through its $600,000 funding goal. Personally I thought a project between Playdek and the creator of Final Fantasy tactics would do better but at least it’s funded.
- Lagoon Land of Druids has been a resounding success, funding nearly five times its goal.
- Oddball Aeronauts is still going but has cleared its goal.
- The combination of Game Salute and an existing game obviously proved a hit as Shadowrift Archfiends raised over $40,000 when all they asked for was $2000!
- Draco Magi also proved a hit raising nearly $100,000 for the dragon duelling card game.
25 Feb 2014
One of the things I love about Kickstarter is how it gives the opportunity for print and play games to be published as glossy boxed games. Michael Andresakis & Alexander Argyropoulos of Mage copmpany are curently running a kickstarter project to bring Höyük to life. They happily agreed to answer some questions on the project, developing a print and play game and kickstarter in general.
Fantasy Flight Games have announced the addition of another Reiner Knizia game to their collection and this time it’s a dice game based in Feudal Japan. In Age of War you take the role of rival daimyos as you attempt to conquer castles all in the name of uniting the Japan.
22 Feb 2014
Remember when the concept of pirates versus ninjas was the flavour of the day? These days it’s impossible to make a game without zombies, or aliens or dinosaurs armed with missile launchers. Well all of these things have been crammed into a single game, and things are about to kick off, you could say there’s going to be a Smash Up.
17 Feb 2014
Kickstarter, where the aim is to build the best space station from a collection of modular components.
14 Feb 2014
Remember how in December we worked out there was a Witcher board game coming about a week before Fantasy Flight Games released a trailer? Was it in depth investigative journalism, or just a lucky sighting of a board game cover on the designer’s twitter? Well now Fantasy Flight Games and CD Projekt RED have released more details about the game.
13 Feb 2014
we called it.